Compass simulator is a free tool that sends realáHeading NMEA data to a client PC in a local network, via UDP socket.
- Insert the IP of the remote computer to transmit data
- Insert the UDP socket data. The remote computer has to listen at this port for data
- Select the sentences you want to send
- Change the time interval from the slider
- Change theáHeading slider to a desired heading. If auto is enabled then the software generates aárandomáheading close the slider's value
- Press Start
Checksum Error Control
- Every generated NMEA sentence includes checksum according to NMEA requirements
Cross platform software
- This tool is available for Windows XP, Windows 7, Linux and Mac
- Linux & Mac versions will be available soon
- For more info or to report a bug contact Yannis Baxevanis firstname.lastname@example.org
Windows users, installation instructions
Setup is not required, unzip folder and run CompassSimulator.exe
Create a shortcut if required and that is all ...